| |
|

Lifechanyuan

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Lifechanyuan Portal View Threads

Happy Middle Autumn Festival! -Our Self-made Mooncakes in 4th branch!

Publisher: tongxin | Publish time: 2013-9-19 14:52| Views: 1765| Num of Comments: 12|Thread manage logs

Happy Middle Autumn Festival! -Our Self-made Mooncakes in 4th branch!

As a food lover, I like the self-made mooncakes in our home very very much. Still remember the first time I came to the Second Home, I spent the first middle-autumn festival with all brothers and sisters. We made mooncakes by ourselves, brother Xuande made a wooden mode especially, with a nice pattern in the middle part. After baken, the mooncakes have a beautiful pattern in the middle, with lines on the broadside, just like those sold in the market! Of course they are more tasty, there are walnuts, peanuts, raisins, and candy canes in it, I can't remember how many I eat, just remember I felt so happy and grateful to have the mooncakes made by ourselves! This year is the 3rd mid-autumn festival I spend in our home, Ehuang celestial started preparing and purchasing the ingredidents several days ago, this Monday morning I saw some sisters and our cookers were busy doing in the kitchen, with ingredidents full of the cook table, such as melon seeds, walnets, peanuts, red dated, raisins, sesame and so on. Some of them are flour, some are cutting walnuts, candy canes and fry peanuts, I was so exicted to see as I knew we'll have wonderul mooncakes to eat again, how happy it is!

Our angel sister Richelle is also very curious to making mooncakes, that day I dropped across the kitchen and found she was already there learning from the cookers, looked very attentive and was recording some videos. She said the wrapper looks so smooth and attractive, and the fillings looks so good! Later we tasted one of them, it was so delicious and I really love them so much!

And I want to mention two of our cute sisters who made the art contribution to mooncakes —— Zhuhan celestial and Baojuan celestial, they created a lot of lovely and wonderful mooncake patterns(see photos below) that day, each of them is so lovely with almost no repeated patterns,   Looking at these attractive delicious mooncakes, are your mouth watering?

beauty + delicous food —— wonderful match!

part of the materials for making mooncakes

oatmeal

the filling was done

Zhuhan celestial is drawing the pattern

wonderful shining wrapper!

Richelle was taking videos

food can also be an art!

look what we have already!

remind me of the pumpkin lamp

inspiring food art!

time for baking.... I'll be gentle

a candy or a pineapple?

Wow, looks so nice!

We're ready for eating —— on the middle-autumn festival!

Latest comments

Sam Post time 2013-9-19 16:49:51
Yummy
xidai Post time 2013-9-20 08:55:07
Sam replied at 2013-9-19 16:49
Yummy

I'm enjoying it now.
Sam Post time 2013-9-20 09:29:51
Let them eat mooncake
Joel Post time 2013-9-20 12:32:07
How does everyone stay so thin and healthy with all these "food orgies" every time I come back to the web site?
I guess the calories burn away at all the dances between the meals...LOL
tianjicao Post time 2013-9-20 13:35:05
Second home's mooncake sweet all the more, because it is full of love.
tongxin Post time 2013-9-20 14:53:43
Sam replied at 2013-9-19 16:49
Yummy

It's REALLY yummy! Next time if you spend the festival with us, you'll have the chance to taste them!
tongxin Post time 2013-9-20 14:56:09
Joel replied at 2013-9-20 12:32
How does everyone stay so thin and healthy with all these "food orgies" every time I come back to th ...

You're so funny, dear Joel. Let me tell you cause it's not so sweet and we seldom eat meat excepet in celebrations. Also everyone in the community do labor work for at least 2-3 hours a day, that helps to keep our body healthy and balanced.
tongxin Post time 2013-9-20 14:57:23
tianjicao replied at 2013-9-20 13:35

You're so right, dear sister! The taste of love let me feel so grateful and happy.
Joel Post time 2013-9-20 16:06:53
Does the web staff also farm?
That sounds great, web technology AND working the land.
I have not knowingly eaten any warm blooded animals (birds or mammals) for several years...just fish.
xidai Post time 2013-9-21 08:14:16
Joel replied at 2013-9-20 16:06
Does the web staff also farm?
That sounds great, web technology AND working the land.
I have not kno ...

Yes, some do planting, and I choose to weed.

Indeed, jobs in the Second Home aimed at combining brain work with manual labour.  So nice!

We only eat some meat on special festivals.
RichelleSigner Post time 2013-11-30 12:30:24
tianjicao replied at 2013-9-20 13:35

SO MUCH LOVEE!!!

tongxin Post time 2013-11-30 18:57:27
RichelleSigner replied at 2013-11-30 12:30
SO MUCH LOVEE!!!

Archive|Dark room|New Oasis For Life

2017-5-30 04:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.935199 sec., 14 queries .