| |
|

Lifechanyuan

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Lifechanyuan Portal View Threads

Early History of Lifechanyuan

Publisher: Joel | Publish time: 2013-7-10 22:19| Views: 3875| Num of Comments: 48|Thread manage logs

Edited by Joel at 2013-7-10 09:20

I would like to read about the early history of Lifechanyuan, perhaps a link or timeline.
If I remember correctly, Xuefeng was a businessman who put his personal savings into starting the first branch in approximately 2008 or 2009?
How many founding celestials were there, when did the third and fourth branches open and did half the celestials from the first go to build the third and half from the first and third go to build the fourth? Are new branches built as you attract more celestials?
How many celestials live in each branch and how many can each branch support?
I believe the fourth branch is bigger than both the first and third branches and is the most remote.
I started to say "and the most beautiful", but that is secular thinking, the beauty is not the mountains and flowers, it is in the celestials.

Latest comments

tongxin Post time 2013-7-11 08:33:19
Hi Joel, thank you for this question. Yes we mentioned the early history partly in some articles which can't show the complete history yet. I'll sum up a timeline for everybody soon.

"How many celestials live in each branch and how many can each branch support?"

—— There are 42 celestials in 1st branch, 41 in 3rd branch and 65 in 4th branch now. Our 1st branch can support 60 people, 3rd branch 53 and 4th branch 75 people.
xidai Post time 2013-7-11 14:32:32
Hello dear, for Tongxin will give us a detail timeline , I just offer a glimpse of it  then.

Yes ,the 1st branch was started in May 2009.For I lived in Home from July 2011, I asked those chanyuan celestials who lived from the beginning that the founding celestials were about 20. The 3rd branch was started in Jun 2011  and the 4th from Aug 2011.

In my rememberance,  just only also about 20 chanyuan celestials each went to build other two branches. When more and more chanyuan celestials want to live in the Second Home, Guide Xuefeng will then decide to build a new one. But  considering about the economy, and there're enough rooms for chanyuan celestials who are living here all the time, a new branch isn't needed very much now.

Yes, the 4th branch is the most beautiful and largest one from all 3 branches. It's in Lincang City which is a little far from the other 2 then.  It was almost a wasteland with several old wooden houses  before we started the building there.
xidai Post time 2013-7-11 14:40:50
Hello  dear, can I answer your "deleted" question?

I can read it clearly and like it so much for you are just telling what I do truly feel in the Second Home.

I started to say "and the most beautiful", but that is secular thinking, the beauty is not the mountains and flowers, it is in the celestials.

I can't agree with you any more,dear. You know, when  came across the Second Home in 2011, I even couldn't believe it for it's a miracle on Earth. And the most miraculous thing is the selfless people who built all these amazing Home. They're true angels living in the mortal world.Thank the Greatest Creator .
Ailian Post time 2013-7-11 19:42:37
Hi Joe, With the development of the Lifechanyuan and to spread the seeds of Lifechanyuan values, there would be more branches in China in the future, and we strive to establish oversea branches too when the time is right.
Joel Post time 2013-7-11 22:50:06
From 20 to 148 people in four years is an excellent growth rate.
At that speed, my advanced English class will never end!
How many members from outside China and what languages do they speak?
The next branch would be nice here.
xidai Post time 2013-7-12 12:53:16
Joel replied at 2013-7-11 22:50
From 20 to 148 people in four years is an excellent growth rate.
At that speed, my advanced English  ...

Your words make me smile..LOL

How many members from outside China and what languages do they speak?

Not many. Can't give the exact number for I knew a little,too .  In my memory, some  from Canada  speak Engligh and Chinese , one from  Australia speak Engligh and Chinese,  one from Germany speaks English, one from India speaks English, one from USA speaks Engligh and Chinese .

The next branch would be nice here.

Oh ,yes! Just sail on the ocean to look for more and more beautiful places to build new branches of the Second Home !
yixian Post time 2013-7-12 15:44:43
Edited by yixian at 2013-7-12 15:49

Hi, dear Joel, nice to meet you here! Glad that you want to understand us more.
How about you telling us more about you?

My English is not very good, if there is inappropriate, please tell me more. Thank you.
Joel Post time 2013-7-12 20:37:01
Edited by Joel at 2013-7-12 15:18
How about you telling us more about you?

Hi Yixian.
Your English is a thousand times better than my Chinese will ever be.
I want to thank you for getting me to learn to use the camera in my phone, I will post a better pic soon, but at least this one is really me, not that stupid magazine cartoon character I had been using. Very much against superstition and astrology, but if my math is correct, I am a yin metal rabbit from 4649 (1951).
Studied mass communications (broadcasting) in school, married, divorced, no children. My main hobby is electronic communications (radio and www). I have been driving a taxicab in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Florida, for the last sixteen years, a boring and unrewarding job except for the 1% intelligent passengers. I love European classical music and American jazz, many animals, do not eat mammals or birds. I have been reading many of the New Oasis and similar articles and am resonant with most of them. The passport has been applied for and should be arriving by the end of August and I will ask for advice, I know conglong has traveled to Portugal and xue feng had done a lot of traveling. I plan to work (Hyakujo, the Chinese Zen master said, "No work, no food") and enjoy about a week in each branch, go back home to work through the busy season (winter), and if there is resonance, find out about Chinese resident visa. I am very excited, but have no idea what complications could exist. You are all welcome to private message me for more info if you do not want to use the public message board.
See you soon.
xidai Post time 2013-7-13 14:10:51
Joel replied at 2013-7-12 20:37
Hi Yixian.
I want to thank yo ...

Wow, thank you for your openness,dear! I know more about you! So happy to see the real you, dear Joel ,you look so lovely!
I can feel your excitement, just look forward to meeting you in our Home. May the Greatest Creator bless !
Joel Post time 2013-7-13 20:26:38
...one from USA speaks English and Chinese

Tianshan from the video?
dear Joel ,you look so lovely!

I do not know about that, you are too kind, but yixian convinced me it is time to post a real pic.
I notice none of you capitalize the first letter of your names, is there a reason for that?
just look forward to meeting you in our Home

I will keep everyone informed of my progress.

yixian Post time 2013-7-13 21:13:20
Hi Yixian.
I want to thank yo ...

It's great to see your response. Your real face, it's very lovely and kind. Thank you for your sincere! I'm flatter.
Know that you will come to China and visit to our home, it's very nice! Welcome!
Who like lifechanyuan value and aspire to the model of the Second home, who is our looking for.
The Greatest Creator bless you, that we can meet soon in the Second home.
Yixian
yixian Post time 2013-7-13 21:18:16
Edited by yixian at 2013-7-13 21:20
Joel replied at 2013-7-13 20:26
Tianshan from the video?

I do not know about that, you are too kind, but yixian convinced me it is ...

I notice none of you capitalize the first letter of your names, is there a reason for that?

It is just a bat habit.

tongxin Post time 2013-7-13 21:22:44
Hi Yixian.
I want to thank yo ...

Hi Joel, thanks for your detailed self-introduction. I like the music you mentioned too! And it's really wonderful that you like our values and resonate with it! Your plan is good and we'll see what we can support you if you want to visit us for a longer period after winter. I suggest you may visit through each branch and stay in our 4th branch for a  longer time since our guide is also here. You may have a communication with him if you like. Also the 4th is our largest one which is all built by ourselves in the last two years, it's a big family with all levels including the elders, middle aged, youngsters and children.  And we can pick you up at the airport when you come. Look forward to see you!
tongxin Post time 2013-7-13 21:36:13
Joel replied at 2013-7-13 20:26
Tianshan from the video?

I do not know about that, you are too kind, but yixian convinced me it is ...

Those people that xidai mentioned are visitors that ever visited our community. Now we have three permanent residents from other countries -- Conglong and Ailian from New Zealand and Tianshan from US, they are all native Chinese speakers. Presently we don't have members who are native English speakers in our Home. But we have foreign visitors now and then. For example this autumn, a Germany couple is planning to live with us for at least one month to experience our community life. In the coming future, as the process of member exchange with other communities is in progress, more and more foreign friends will come to live and work with us.
Joel Post time 2013-7-13 22:37:37
Edited by Joel at 2013-7-13 15:13

Wow, I thought Conglong and Ailian were founding members from Yunnan. Did they know each other before coming there?
Who are the two guys who dress differently than the other men at parties, tan pants and vertical neckties, in stead of black pants and bow ties?
They look older than the others.
I suggest you may visit through each branch and stay in our 4th branch for a  longer time since our guide is also here.
You may have a communication with him if you like.

Whatever will please Hyakujo most.
Yes, looking forward to meeting Xue feng, too.
tongxin Post time 2013-7-14 08:46:05
Joel replied at 2013-7-13 22:37
Wow, I thought Conglong and Ailian were founding members from Yunnan. Did they know each other befor ...

Yes, Conglong and Ailian are old chanyuan celestials who became chanyuan celestials in 2005 and 2006. They know each other quite well because they're twins,haha, did you find that they looks alike? They love the theory and life mode created by the Second Home so much that they decided to come back from New Zealand last June to devote themselves into to the building of Lifechanyuan and the community. Now they're responsible for connecting and communciating with other global communities.

Two guys with tan pants and verticle ties, are you saying the guys in video? which part of the video?Maybe I can tell you if you record the minute of their appearance.

Any more questions, welcome to ask and we'll be happy to answer you.

Have a good weekend!
xidai Post time 2013-7-14 08:55:11
Joel replied at 2013-7-13 22:37
Wow, I thought Conglong and Ailian were founding members from Yunnan. Did they know each other befor ...
I do not know about that, you are too kind, but yixian convinced me it is time to post a real pic.

Oh, I just tell the truth! No special reason, just forgot to do that.

Wow, I thought Conglong and Ailian were founding members from Yunnan. Did they know each other before coming there?

No, they're twins.

Who are the two guys who dress differently than the other men at parties, tan pants and vertical neckties, in stead of black pants and bow ties?

Sorry dear, I only see one guy and don't know whether he is the one you mentioned.
Ailian Post time 2013-7-14 09:16:47
Hi Yixian.
I want to thank yo ...

Hi Joel,
So glad to know that you are planning to come and visit us! We very much welcome people like you that from different country, with different background and cultures, and resonate with our values!

Also, to answer your question, Conglong and I are twin sisters. After been living in NZ for 9 years, the Greatest Creator led us coming back for Lifechanyuan and now we are pernament residents in the Second Home. And we do enjoy living in this warm and harmonious big family.

Counting down the time to meeting you!
Ailian Post time 2013-7-14 09:18:37
BTW, it's so nice to see the "real" you!
Joel Post time 2013-7-14 20:38:26
Edited by Joel at 2013-7-15 21:06

I think the two men were just visitors at a party and I can not find the pics.
they're twins ,haha, did you find that they looks alike?

Yes, the video with conglong looks like the avatar of ailian.
I really hate full body avatars because the avatars are about three cm squares on standard monitors and their are no visible details.
The human brain is better at recognizing faces than anything else.
Two of the best avatars are Yixian and Daqicao because both are head and shoulders and look right at the camera.
Tianjicao has a beautiful pic on facebook and I would encourage her to use it here.
Get that spider off the wall before it lands on her shoulder!

xidai Post time 2013-7-15 07:45:48
Joel replied at 2013-7-14 20:38
I think the two men were just visitors at a party and I can not find the pics.

Yes, the video with  ...
I really hate full body avatars

So my avatar is an one on your hateful list! I'll be crying! Okay, just a joke ~I'll try to make a new one!
Joel Post time 2013-7-15 08:09:22
Maybe you can just zoom in on that pic...show your face and hands. It is a nice pose but too small for an avatar.
xidai Post time 2013-7-15 16:30:57
Joel replied at 2013-7-15 08:09
Maybe you can just zoom in on that pic...show your face and hands. It is a nice pose but too small f ...

How about this one,dear?  Hope it can easily help you to recognise me when visiting our Home...LOL
Joel Post time 2013-7-15 19:54:29
Edited by Joel at 2013-7-15 09:41

Glad someone is taking my suggestion.
Much better, getting there, tilting your head adds to your charming smile.
I think it was very bright outside, but zoom in a little bit more and everyone loves to see big wide open eyes.
Look at how Aemcab's face fills the whole box.
I just became aware that I can change the shape of my avatar frame, so next time, I will make mine longer and thinner...more like Tongxin's
Joel Post time 2013-7-15 20:08:59
Now, we go way back in time to when all TV and most movies only had shades of gray on the screen.
The industrial term is "monochrome" but the public called it, "black and white".
Two slightly different openings dedicated to our lovely second home Kiwi twins...

tongxin Post time 2013-7-15 22:47:01
Hi Joel, I just can't see you pictures. What a pity! But I'm very interested in seeing how you will turn it into a longer and thinner one like mine.
xidai Post time 2013-7-16 08:19:35
Joel replied at 2013-7-15 19:54
Glad someone is taking my suggestion.
Much better, getting there, tilting your head adds to your cha ...
but zoom in a little bit more and everyone loves to see big wide open eyes.

Can you ask my parents to make my eyes a little big when they decided to create me? dear...LOL

You're not very easy to please , dear! Anyway, it's okay for me, just see the true me in person when visiting out Home, okay, dear Grandpa Joel !

Oh, thank you for your sharings, I like to see the lovely twins!
Joel Post time 2013-7-17 01:42:41
Edited by Joel at 2013-7-16 12:45
...a big family with all levels including the elders, middle aged, youngsters and children.

All the videos and group pics of working and partying show about three sisters for each brother.
Tongxin, why do you think the Second Home attracts so many more sisters than brothers?

xidai Post time 2013-7-17 14:36:16
Joel replied at 2013-7-17 01:42
All the videos and group pics of working and partying show about three sisters for each brother.
To ...

Well, maybe Tongxin didn't notice your question, so I  give you some info, Grandpa Joel.

I search some information on Google, and find this :

"When the Dharma is on the verge of being destroyed, it is women who will concentrate on advancement, and have the habit of performing good deeds. Men will be lazy and indolent; they will have no use for the words of the Dharma. They will consider monks to be like befouled earth; they will not have believing minds."

"The Dharma is about to be wiped out, and when the time for that comes, all the gods will weep tears. Rainy and dry seasons will be untimely, the Five Grains will not ripen, pestilential vapors will be prevalent; there will be many dead. The common people will toil in hardship, the public officials will be calculating and harsh; not compliant with the principles of the Way, all will have their hearts set on pleasure or disorder. Wicked men will steadily increase in number, to become like the sands of the sea; the good will be very scarce, no more than one or two."

"Because the kalpa is nearly at its end, the days and months will become shorter and shorter, and men's lives will pass more and more hastily; their heads will be white at forty. Men will indulge in sexual conducts so that their vital energy will exhaust quickly and their lives will be shortened, or they may live at most to the age of sixty. The lives of men will become shorter, but the lives of women will become longer, to seventy or eighty or ninety; some will reach a hundred years."

~from The Sutra Preached by the Buddha on the Total Extinction of the Dharma

It's also metioned by Guide Xuefeng. Maybe this can be explained why I do have more sisters than brothers in Home.

12Next

Archive|Dark room|New Oasis For Life

2017-5-30 04:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.876054 sec., 8 queries .